What is URN number and how to find the URN number here we cover the step by step information related to update request number and what is urn number.
Aadhaar is a 12 digit unique identification number given to every citizen by the Indian government
UIDAI collects the data of every citizen by recording the bio metric and demographic details.
URN Number – What is it?
URN means – Update Request Number. It is a 14 digit unique number allocated to users who had updated their aadhar card via aadhar self service update portal.
Without URN number you can’t track the status of the update aadhar card.
Note: Your mobile number must be linked with the aadhar card in order to access the self service update portal. If your mobile number is not linked, then you can’t make aadhar card updates online.
- How To Check URN Status online?
UIDAI launched a new portal where you can track the status of the updated aadhar card online. Here is the step by step process in order to check the urn status online.
- Visit the Link here – Guide to check URN status online
- Just enter your URN number and aadhar card number
- Also, enter the captcha and click on get status.
- You will get to know the status of the URN number.
Your new aadhar card will be dispatched to your new address which has been submitted while filling out the application form.
How To Update Aadhar Card Details
People can now update their details on aadhaar card. UIDAI has introduced three methods to update details on request. There are 3 methods where aadhar card details can be changed.
- Update Aadhar details by online
- Update Aadhar details by post
- Update at enrollment center
Update Aadhaar details – Online:
The following information here helps you to know about the changes required to update aadhar details via online. Follow the steps below to do so.
Go to the official UIDAI website to update or change your information.
Under Aadhaar online services panel, you’ll find Update Aadhaar card details (Online) option. Click on it.
You’ll be navigated to a new page where information on Aadhar self-service update portal is given. Read it and Click on Click Here option to proceed further.
A new page is opened where there are 4 stages to update your information. In the first step, you need to enter your aadhar number along with the verification code to get OTP.
Once you get OTP to your registered mobile, use it along with the captcha code to login to the portal.
You are required to select the information to update it. (Note: You can select more than one information to update or change)
Replace and update the old information with the new one. Make sure that you don’t make any mistakes while updating. Once the changes are made, it will be verified and be updated on your aadhaar card by UIDAI.
Upload the required documents to support your changes.
In the last step, you have to submit the request to UIDAI service provider. You’ll get a URN (Update request number). Save it for future references.
Update Aadhaar card details – Postal:
Unlike the online mode, you can now fill up the correction form and send it to the main office by post. Following is the information was given to you on how to send the update form by post.
- Go to the official UIDAI website to download the aadhar update/correction form.
- Under the Aadhar online services panel, you’ll find Update Aadhar details by post option. Click on it.
- An application form will be downloaded automatically. If the download doesn’t start and the pdf is open in another tab then you can directly take a print out.
- You need to take a print out of the update/correction form to fill it up manually on your own.
- Download the correction/update form. Click here
- Fill the update/correction form correctly along with your registered mobile number.
- You must give your address correctly and also your mobile number for verifications.
- Post the following filled form along with the supporting documents in an envelope to the given address below.
Post Box No. 99,
Hyderabad – 500034,
In case of the child, parents/guardian must sign the documents and send their supporting documents along with child documents.
- Make sure that the signature is present in all the papers.
Seal the envelope properly. If any paper is lost, UIDAI is not responsible for it.
- Go through the update/correction form thoroughly before sealing the envelope as you may miss sending related documents.
URN (Update request number) is sent to your registered mobile once the post is delivered. You can check the status in online.
Update aadhaar card details – Enrollment center:
There is another way to update or make changes in your aadhar card such as your name, address, mobile number, Date of birth, email ID etc by visiting the nearest enrollment center.
- If you want to know the nearest aadhaar enrollment center, then you can search from the official website.
- All you need to do is to search the address and visit the enrollment center with aadhar card and registered mobile number.
- Go to the official UIDAI website to search for the nearest enrollment center at your place.
- Under Aadhaar Online services panel, you’ll find Update at enrollment option.Click on it.
- A new tab will open with a set of options. Select your search criteria by selecting the required options from the menu.
- Finally, you can get your nearest enrollment centers from the official webiste.
The Government has notified that the nationalized banks, telecom industry, other various departments to link aadhaar number as one of the proof.
As the aadhar number is now the official linkage to every official identity, UIDAI has introduced an option for the people to change their details if they are changed.
For Example, if a person has changed his address permanently but now wants to change his details in the aadhaar card then he can follow the steps below to do so.