Aadhaar Is a legal document which was provided to every Indian citizen by the Government itself. The UIDAI has been initiated by the Government to look over the services of the Aadhaar.
Also, so many new online initiatives are also developed by the Government to make all the services available to every Aadhaar card holder.
Through these online activities, Aadhaar card holders can generate the ‘Virtual ID’ from the UIDAI’s website and provide it for various purposes instead of sharing their actual 12-digit biometric ID, known as UID.
These days, linking of Aadhaar has been mandatory so that are online services of Aadhaar can get accessed by the users if their Aadhaar accounts are linked to a Mobile number.
You can link your Mobile Number to Aadhaar using Online Procedure and Offline procedure. Also, you can update your Mobile number through online UIDAI portal.
Seeding Aadhaar with mobile is easy and can be accomplished in 9 simple steps. Below mentioned are the steps that will help you complete the linking:
- Visit the Aadhaar Card website that is https://uidai.gov.in/
- Select “Enrollment & Update” tab and click on “Aadhaar Data Update”
- It gets directed to a new page, under the Reference Links column, click on “Aadhaar Data Update Form”
- Download the Aadhaar Correction form and take a printout.
- Mention your 12-digit unique identification number, name, guardian’s name, address, city, district, post office, state and pin code
- It is mandatory to enter your mobile number that is operational.
- Take the scanned copy of the documents and submit as a proof of address (POA).
- To validate which documents to submit, an applicant can go through the list mentioned in the form
- Once you complete filling all the details, sign the form or provide a thumbprint
- Double check the information and list of documents attached to avoid any error. Send the application through post.
An applicant should wait for few days, once the correction form is posted. The authorities on receiving the application will validate the details and link Aadhaar to the mobile number.
The applicant will receive a confirmation message from UIDAI, once the Aadhar-mobile number registration is complete.
Aadhaar holders are no longer required to furnish their Unique Identity Number for authentication purposes. The UIDAI has introduced the concept of a ‘Virtual ID’ (VID) to safeguard Aadhaar cardholders’ data.
THe offline procedure of Linking Mobile Number with your Aadhaar is also same as the Online procedure but the only difference is that you have to do it manually unlike system and internet services.
For the Offline procedure, follow the below steps of the procedure carefully.
- Visit any nearest Aadhaar Enrollment Centre or any Aadhaar Approved Banks.
- Ask for an application regarding linking Aadhaar with Mobile number.
- Fill out the form with all the appropriate details.
- Attach the proof documents for all the verification purposes.
- Don’t attach any fake documents as your application may get rejected.
- The mobile number you filled should be with you and be working.
- Attach a photograph of passport size to the Application form.
- Submit the application to the Aadhaar Enrollment centre.
After 1-2 weeks of working days, your Aadhaar will get linked to your Mobile Number. The mobile number is used to access your Aadhaar account in UIDAI portal.
Without the mobile number, you won’t be able to enter into the UIDAI portal unless you want to download your Duplicate Aadhaar card online.
You can e-verify your ITR using Aadhaar. Here, a one-time password (OTP) is sent to the number linked with your Aadhaar.
You can also update personal details linked to your Aadhaar online using an OTP which will be sent to your registered mobile number. Further, downloading e-Aadhaar requires verification via an OTP which is sent to your mobile number.