Is your URN number is incorrect – It’s quite common that most of the users who have done aadhar card correction or update may have to go through this situation.
Here we cover the step by step information on how to resolve incorrect URN number of your update Aadhar card online.
Incase if you have any doubts – Leave a comment at the end of the post regarding incorrect URN number.
How To Resolve Incorrect URN
Incorrect URN Number is the common problem or error faced by the people who are enrolling for the Aadhar card. This URN Number is given to you when you enroll for a new Aadhar card or when you update your Aadhar card details.
The Update Request Number is used to check or to track the position of Aadhar card in the enrollment process. How to resolve the Issue of the Incorrect URN Number is been explained below in steps.
- In the Aadhar Official Site try entering the URN Number “without Slashes”.
- You will be given URN in the following format – 0000/ABCDE/FGHIJ.
- Enter the same URN number in the filed without slashes as 0000ABCDEFGHIJ.
- This will resolves the issue with the Incorrect URN Number.
If the resolve is still not solved, then the problem will be in typing the incorrect URN in the field provided to you. So check out the Update Request Number with the number given to you in the acknowledgment slip after updating of Aadhar card.
- Visit the Official Aadhar website – UIDAI.
- Click here https://uidai.gov.in/ to visit the UIDAI Website.
- Go to Aadhar and click on “Check Aadhar Status“.
- Enter the UID and Update Request Number in their respective fields.
- Enter the Date and Time in the specified Format.
- Enter the Captcha.
- Click Submit so that you can track your Aadhar card through online.
Crosscheck both the URN Number and then proceed to further procedure. If this also fails in resolving the Incorrect URN Number issue then you must visit the nearest Aadhar Enrollment center or go through the below steps.
- Call 1947 from Mobile number which has been linked to Aadhar.
- Select your Language.
- Select your issue over the provided options.
- Talk to the Aadhar Officials over the phone to resolve your issue.
- Then they will provide you with the required information.
Generally, some people get Incorrect Update Request Number due to the rejection of the Aadhar Application.
These will be causes for the Incorrect URN Number. If your Aadhar Application is rejected then you have to update your Biometric details again to get another new updated URN Number.
What Is URN Number
URN Number is a 14 digit number provided to you when you update your details on the Self service portal.
They will provide you with an Acknowledgment slip in which URN number is provided. This will help you to track your Aadhar card application or a new Aadhar card through online.
If you lose your URN Number then it will be difficult to track your Aadhar card online as you have to track your Aadhar card using the Aadhar card number.
Is Aadhar Card Mandatory?
It is introduced by the Government to erase all the fake identities documents that are been using. It is said to be very unique and robust. This was made mandatory by the government in submitting as the proof documents at any government sectors.
Any individual in the country or Any person who is the Citizen of India may voluntarily enroll for the UIDAI which will be provided to you at nearest Aadhar Enrollment Centers.
Update Aadhar Card Offline
The other reason for getting Incorrect URN Number is that the update details haven’t been uploaded into the UIDAI Data. So, to update your details offline you have two ways which are mentioned in below.
- Visit any nearest Enrollment center or
- Visit any Bank which was allotted as Aadhar Enrollment center.
In both ways, you can be able to update your Aadhar card details offline. For that, you need to carry some proof documents which are mentioned below. Just follow the below steps to update your Aaadhar details.
- Visit the nearest Aadhar Enrollment center or Bank.
- Collect the form and fill in the details.
- Submit the proof documents.
- Collect the acknowledgment slip on which URN Number is printed.
- Wait for the new Aadhar card to arrive at the address you mentioned during filling the application.
The above-mentioned procedure is same for both offline methods as you can prefer either of them based on your comfort.
The Proof Documents submitting should be regarding the details you need to update on your Aadhar card.
- Proof of Address documents – Gas Bill, Telephone Bill etc.
- Proof of Date of Birth Documents – Birth Certificate, SSC Marks memo etc.
- Proof of Identity Documents – PAN Card, Ration card etc.