Lost your aadhar card? Here you can apply duplicate aadhaar card. Here we cover step by step information on how to apply for duplicate UIDAI online.
The Aadhar card usually consists of the Aadhar number, Resident’s Address along with his/her photograph. It acts as the Identity and Address proof documents for the cardholder.
In this article, you will know How to download Duplicate Aadhar card if lost, How to apply for it etc throughout the article. The Duplicate Aadhar card is needed when a candidate lost his/her UIDAI.
Lost Aadhar Card – Online Procedure
The lost Aadhar card can be obtained as a new Application from the Government offices with the help of the Duplicate Aadhar card.
If a candidate lost his/her Aadhar card they have to follow two processes involved in both Offline and Online process. Both methods involved are been listed in below.
- With Enrollment ID
- With lost Aadhaar card Number
With Enrollment ID:
The candidate can apply for this method if he/she lost his/her Aadhar card details. Then with Enrollment ID(given during application) candidate has to follow steps.
- Visit the official site of UIDAI to apply.
- Click here https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/ to view the page.
- Enter the details listed on the following page.
- After filling in details click “One Time Password“.
- Then the candidate receives OTP to their registered mobile number.
- After entering OTP in the column and then click “Validate & Download“.
- In the following page, the candidate can be able to view his/her Aadhar card.
The similar process involves in the other method “With Aadhar Number” to view and to Download the Duplicate Aadhar card if lost or misplaced.
With Aadhar Number:
The candidate who lost Aadhar card, if remember or know the details of the lost UID number then there will be no meaning to search for the duplicate Aadhar card details and then to Download it.
The below steps involves in application procedure to Download the Duplicate UIDAI from the website itself.
- Visit the Official online portal of UIDAI.
- Then following the link mentioned above the candidate can view the login details page.
- Select “Aadhaar” in both options which will load its respective details.
- Fill in all the details regarding the lost Aadhaar card number along with other details.
- Then, an OTP is sent to the registered mobile number.
- The candidate has to enter the OTP in the section below and then click “Validate & Download” to view and Download the Aadhar card.
After clicking on that, the verification process will run to check whether the details filled in the columns matched with the data stored in the UIDAI Website servers.
If the details matches then the lost Aadhar Card’s duplicate copy starts to Download. If it is not started, then press “CTRL+P” to start the download of the lost Aadhar card.
the list of details that are to be entered in login details section is been listed below.
- Enrolment ID/Aadhar Number
- Full Name
- Pin Code
- Captcha Image & Text
- One Time Password (OTP)
These are the details that are to be filled by the candidate who applies for a Duplicate Aadhar card.
- If the details entered in the columns do not match with details stored, the application gets rejected.
The whole online procedure is divided into two stages as Stage-I where the login details are to be filled to receive an OTP & Stage-II where the OTP received has to be used to download the lost Aadhar card.
Duplicate Aadhar – Offline Procedure
If the candidate has no access to Internet infrastructure should visit the local Enrollment office or any UIDAI office so that he can apply for Duplicate Aadhar card manually.
- Obtain the prescribed application form in the office.
- Fill in all the essential details.
- Enter the UIDAI number or Enrollment ID in the columns.
- Attach a photograph and submit it to the office.
- The candidate has to select the mode of delivery.
The Duplicate copy of the candidate’s UIDAI which is lost will reach the applicant according to the mode of delivery he/she selected while applying for the Duplicate Aadhar card.
The Enrolment ID is given to the specific individual when he/she applied for the new Aadhar Card as a reference number which will give access to the candidate to collect the new Aadhar card after he/she applied.
- So, if a citizen lost his/her Aadhar card then there will be no reason for panicking about it.
- Just follow the procedure to gain a new Aadhar card with the lost Aadhar card’s number.
The UIDAI number is a 12-digit number which is provided to all UID cardholders by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).
The UIDAI is issued to all the citizens as it is unique and can eliminate the fake documents and identities submitted to the government authorities during application procedures.
The photographic and demographic details of the particular citizen or resident are stored in the Aadhar card data of that citizen. It can be viewed and submitted as proof during applying for exams.
The Indian government can easily reach its citizens of India directly by delivering various benefits and services with its uniqueness and authentication features.