E Aadhar card password – how to open downloaded PDF document. Most of the users got confused once they downloaded the E aadhar card. Here we cover step by step process how to open PDF document.
Once you download that Aadhaar card or e-Aadhaar card it will be password protected due to some security reasons. This password will be set by the UIDAI so that to eliminate fake users from the UIDAI website.
The password to this E-Aadhar file will be of 8 characters which were shared below with full details and procedures. Just follow the following step-by-step guide carefully.
Aadhaar card Password
The password for the Aadhaar card file which is downloaded from the UIDAI official portal is of 8 characters which is a combination of First four letters of your name written in CAPITAL Letters and your Date of Birth.
The Name in the password will be same as mentioned in your Aadhaar card. Similarly, the date of birth included in the password will be only of your year of birth.
To be as simple as possible, the first 4 character of the PDF password is the first 4 letters of the cardholder’s name in CAPITAL letters and the next 4 is the year of his/her birth.
For example, check out the below examples which clearly explains the password of the Aadhaar card.
1) If your name is Chandu and your year of birth is 1989 then your Aadhaar card password will be like CHAN1989.
2) Similarly, if your name is Ram and your year of birth is 1998 then your Aadhaar card password will be like RAM1998.
It is that your name should be entered in capitals while entering the password of your Aadhaar card and these are the different variations to open Aadhaar card password.
Earlier, the password of the PDF version of Aadhaar card was residence pin code of the cardholder. Due to some other reasons, UIDAI has changed the security keyword to an 8-character alphanumeric code which was as explained above.
How to get an Aadhaar Card.
The following information is the step by step process of how to download your Aadhaar card from the UIDAI using the online procedure. Follow carefully in order to download Aadhar online here.
- Visit the UDIAI official website.
- Click on “Download Aadhaar” on Homepage.
- A pop-up page will appear stating that it’ll redirect to a new page.
- In here, you can download the Aadhaar from two options.
- You can either download your Aadhaar using Enrollment ID number or Aadhaar card number.
- EID number is a 14 digit unique number allocated to each member who just enrolled.
Select an option from the above two. Enter your Name, Pin Code, Image, Mobile Number etc. Click on Get One Time Password. An OTP will be generated to your registered mobile number
- Enter the OTP number in the option given box below.
- Click on “Validate & Download”.
- Now your Aadhaar card will download in seconds to your device. You can take a printout and use it anywhere.
After download this Aadhaar card as a PDF file, it will be saved in your system. If you click on that file you will be asked to enter the Aadhaar card password.
In here, the above-explained Aadhaar card password procedure will be used to access your Aadhaar card. This was initiated by the UIDAI so that your Aadhaar card won’t be accessed by strangers.